Purpose:

The purpose of this blog is to keep track of my illness and progress. If someone else can benefit in any way from my rambling, even better.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Crash and Burn

I was feeling pretty good, and so I let a few things slide. I ate more sugar (a lot more), didn't get as much sleep, missed a few days on my medicine (due to having issues with my prescriptions renewing), missed a few chiropractor appointments and picked a lot of strawberries without using gloves-I did not realize this is a big guai blocker. The result was a complete crash for two days that felt like before I had started this treatment. By the third day my efforts at getting back on track were rewarded as I slowly started feeling better, but it took a good 8 days to feel like I had recovered from my little bender.

At this point I'm pretty sure I'm blocking the medicine somehow since I still feel pretty bad and I'm not noticing a change after I take the guai like I used to. Even small amounts of activity are leaving me in extreme pain and difficulty moving. My theory is that I started blocking about a month ago, so I started asking myself: what has changed since then? Here is what I've come up with.

1. I started using sunscreen on my kids as the weather has been nicer.

2. With the humidity kicking up I've gone from straightening my hair to leaving it curly, and using a specific product to keep it under control. I've checked the ingredients at least 3 times, but maybe I'm missing something.

3. My iron pills changed from plain iron to iron plus (includes vitamins and minerals).

My goal this week will be to determine what is causing me to block and eliminating it. One thing I've learned from experience is that I cannot change all three of the above things at the same time, otherwise if I get better I will have no idea which one was causing me to block. So my plan is to start with the iron pills, I'm going to stop taking the prescription pills and take some pure iron over the counter ones. That's my plan for this week, will update next week on whether or not it worked and if I need to try something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment