Purpose:

The purpose of this blog is to keep track of my illness and progress. If someone else can benefit in any way from my rambling, even better.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Unblocked

Fortunately, it took less than 24 hours for the guai to start working again and to confirm that the iron pills were in fact blocking it from working. I had forgotten that in my attempt to figure things out I've been taking a double dose each time, so last night was quite rough.

Even better news, I can finally put into words the difference between fibro pain and guai reversal pain. For typical fibro pain resting and laying down will bring relief, or at least not add to your pain level. For reversal pain you will still feel an increase (sometimes significantly) a few hours after taking your pill whether you are laying down or not--resting will not bring relief. Obviously the pain is usually much worse as well, but this is at least a somewhat easy test to see whether or not I'm having a cycle or just experiencing normal fibro pain (and maybe blocking).

I think it will only take a few days of cycling to get me back to where I was prior to the switch in meds, since 41 days of pills (and blocking) is equal to approximately 2-3 days of reversal according to Dr. St. Amand.

No comments:

Post a Comment