Purpose:

The purpose of this blog is to keep track of my illness and progress. If someone else can benefit in any way from my rambling, even better.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Response From Dr. St. Amand

I emailed the authors of the book "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia" last week and was pleasantly surprised to receive a reply over the weekend. Here is what I learned:

1. You must wear gloves when gardening.

2. Touching soil will not cause you to block like touching plants will.

3. You can still wear sandals in the grass (I thought I had read otherwise but I guess it's ok).

4. You can mow the lawn but you shouldn't walk on it barefoot the same day or you will block for that one day.

Good news for a flip-flop wearer like myself. Not good news for a gardener though. I might start doing my gardening earlier in the day so I don't have to deal with hot gloves in 85 degree weather. If you're interested in emailing Ms. Marek and Dr. St. Amand, their email address is claudiacmarek@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment