Purpose:

The purpose of this blog is to keep track of my illness and progress. If someone else can benefit in any way from my rambling, even better.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Relapse

Over the past few weeks I've been gardening a lot, sometimes for several hours each day. At first I was very careful about wearing waterproof gloves and sneakers, but since we live in the south (SC) I got lazy a few times and then a few turned into a lot. I'm also a huge fan of sandals and don't like wearing closed shoes anytime the temperature is over 50 degrees. Plus, I had the busiest week since starting the treatment and it just turned out to be more than I could handle. Since I was feeling so great still, I just assumed it wasn't a high enough level of salicylates to block the guai from working. I was wrong.

Today I woke up in more pain than I have been in since the awful beginning. Muscle aches everywhere, a migraine and the strangulation feeling in my neck had returned. I had forgotten how difficult it is to function like this and ended up resting much more than usual. This week my plan is to double up my guai doses to hopefully rid my body of the recent phosphate build-ups as quickly as possible, wear only sneakers or rain boots outside and get plenty of rest. I also missed my chiropractor appointment this week and I think that is really affecting several areas of my body more than usual.

Another thing I plan to do is email Dr. St. Amand and ask about outside protocol since it's not covered extensively in his book and we have a lot going on at our house between our gardens, chickens and bees. I cannot imagine spending the summer inside so I'm determined to learn the correct way to do this and will update everyone on what he says.

No comments:

Post a Comment