Purpose:

The purpose of this blog is to keep track of my illness and progress. If someone else can benefit in any way from my rambling, even better.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

In It For the Long Haul

The good times only lasted for one day, now I'm in the third day of my second cycle and the pain is as bad as ever.  It is so discouraging to have searing pain again in the same areas as the first cycle, I assume breaking up and clearing up the remaining phosphate. I am definitely the type of person who likes to be in control, so this whole waiting through the pain for an indefinite period of time is very hard for me. Much harder than I thought it would be. But I have decided I'm going to give this treatment a fair shot, and since I already know it has been successful in some parts of my body it looks like I will just need to learn some patience. That's interesting since patience is something I've been praying for God to help me with for several years, it looks like this is my golden opportunity!

One thing I've noticed is that I can now tell the difference between regular fibro pain and guai pain. The fibro pain is all over, and when the guai is working I can feel it in a specific body part (or several) and it is much worse. Unfortunately, the fibro pain and guai pain occur at the same time so that's not a lot of fun. Today, for example, my upper body is sore and my head is pounding but my legs and feet are absolutely on fire--clearly where the guai is working. They are in excruciating pain even laying down so you can imagine how much worse it gets when walking.

Well it looks like my one day of relief is what I will need to motivate and sustain me at this point, I can really see why people give up before the end, but I'm in this for the long haul...

No comments:

Post a Comment